Participants will improve their health and wellbeing during the block of 6 sessions and will gain an understanding how MTB can be used as a strategy for maintaining and improving their physical and mental health. This is a great opportunity for people to engage in mountain bike trail therapy at night.
Participants must have their own mountain bike, helmet, and lights – suitable for off road riding in the dark. Participants must be comfortable riding a bike and have the enthusiasm to learn how to ride up to blue level graded trails and moderate graded single track. Participants must be physically fit to ride for up to 2hrs. Participants must be able to make their own way to and from the various locations. Aimed at beginner/intermediate riders who have/or have had mental health ill health.
- 8th March 2023, 1800hrs – 2030hrs, Deuchny/Kinnoull Hill – Introduction to night riding – Meet at Jubilee Car Park, Deuchny Hill
- 15th March 2023, 1800hrs – 2030hrs, Deuchny/Kinnoull Hill – Beginner single track – Meet at Jubilee Car Park, Deuchny Hill
- 23rd March 2023, 1800hrs – 2100hrs, Comrie Croft Bike Trails – Skills area, Blue graded trail – Meet at Comrie Croft
- 28th March 2023, 1800hrs – 2030hrs, Deuchny/Kinnoull Hill – Intermediate single track – Meet at Jubilee Car Park, Deuchny Hill
- 4th April 2023, 1930hrs – 2200hrs, Loch Ordie Dunkeld – Intermediate fire track/single track – Meet at Cally car park, near Dunkeld. Open start point in Google Maps for directions.
- 11th April 2023, 1930hrs – 2200hrs, Riders Choice – Riders pick one of the above options.
Max of 8 participants. Participants will be committing to attend all 6 sessions in the block. Participants will complete a questionnaire at the beginning and end of the block.
If you would like to come along to this block of 6 sessions please send an email to email@example.com and request a consent form.
New MTB & Mental Health ‘Trail Therapy’ Project – Ready to Ride
Building Holistic Recovery Communities - Trail Therapy goes from strength to strength
You may also like
Our Trail Therapy film, Recovery, is now on general release! Hear from two of the people involved in the programme.
Mountain Biking For All – Escape into adventure this summer throughout Scotland! We are today launching a new campaign showcasing the…
Rider2Leader and Rider2Leader Ranks it Up: 2023
This joint initiative between DMBinS, Scottish Cycling and Glenmore Lodge takes you on a whistle stop tour of the British Mountain Bike Leadership Awards. Building confidence as you transition from mountain bike rider to mountain bike leader or if you aspire…