Developing Mountain Biking in Scotland (DMBinS), through Scottish Cycling, are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. This policy governs, and is applicable to, your use of this website. Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Scottish Cycling, Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome, Emirates Arena, 100 London Road, Glasgow, G40 3HY
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.DMBinS.com (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by DMBinS and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Any information that you choose to send us; via email or social networking tools such as Twitter and Facebook etc.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and relative usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To administer the website
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
Please be aware that data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at info@DMBinS.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you by DMBinS. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Provision of such information will be subject to:
(a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and (b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your driving licence, passport or birth certificate certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
Third party websites
The website contains link to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
You may also like
Dream Job Alert - Scottish Borders Trail Development Co-ordinator
Case study - Business providing excellent service to mountain bikers - Torridon.
2023 UCI Cycling World Championships
This is SO exciting! The eyes of the world will be firmly focused on our amazing wee country, as in 2023 Scotland will be hosting the UCI Cycling World Champs in all disciplines including MTB XC, DH and Marathon.
SUPPORT SCOTTISH MOUNTAIN BIKING!Become a Supporter