We have been gathering details of all the events happening around Fort William in the run up to the events - so you don't have to! So if you are in the area on holiday you can make the most of your Fort William vacation.
We wanted to ensure that you had all the information you needed about the mountain bike championship events, and the fringe events happening in the host destinations of Fort William and Tweed Valley. We want to help you plan your time, make the most of the pretty cool fringe events, parties and shenanigans happening to celebrate this historic event and have the most awesome time.
The best party atmosphere over the whole World Champs we think, will be in the mountain bike host destinations - granted, we are biased! So please check out what's on, join us in both destinations for the biggest party ever and lets show the world that the Scottish mountain bike community knows how to have a good time!
Schedule of Racing and tickets
3rd August - JUNIOR QUALIFYING. Tickets still available (inc Gondola option)
4th August - ELITE - QUALIFYING AND JUNIOR - FINALS. Tickets still available (inc Gondola option)
5th August - ELITE - FINALS. Tickets sold out. (We have seen tickets being handed back to please keep checking - you never know!)
Scottish Cycling Race The Worlds - Mini DH Final, 4th August
Providing a once in a lifetime opportunity for young riders across Scotland this series has been running across Scotland to get youngsters involved and earn their place to compete in finals on the perfect stage during the 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships.
The DH Final will, of course, take place at Nevis Range! Come along and cheer on the best young riders in Scotland!
- Saturday 22nd July - Off Beat Bikes Blue Mind Open Water Swim - join the local swimmers for a social dip in Loch Linnhe! find out more and book at Blue Mind Open Water Swim
- Wednesday 26th July - Nevis Cycles kids ride, led by Alba Mountain biking – meet outside Nevis Cycles in Inverlochy for a trail ride @17.30. Sign up via Alba Mountain Biking
- Wednesday 26th July - West Highland Wheelers club ride. Ride some lovely hand built single-track, BBQ social, and fun challenges – Venue Achaderry estate Roybridge. To find out more check West Highland Wheelers
- Monday 31st July - Fort William Foxes – Women’s social ride with Lochaber locals – Cow Hill then alfresco food and social in Glen Nevis, start from Claggan park. Get in touch with the foxes to book on and find out more.
- Tuesday 1st August - Laggan Wolftrax – ride and social evening with food provided. Get in touch with the good folks at Laggan to book or find out more!
- Wednesday 2nd August – Fort William Bike Park opening event! Hosted by Velosolutions and Lochaber Wheeled Sports Society this event will bring together the riders of all ages and abilities, including guest pro riders for an exciting ‘Jam session’ on at the new Fort William Bike Park. With food, music, prizes, good times. NO LID, NO RIDE! For more information keep an eye on Fort William Bike Park and velosolutions uk
- Wednesday 2nd August - Girls on Hills trail run into the spectacular North Face of Ben Nevis, and wild swim, with qualified guides. Not just for women, men are welcome too! To find out more and book visit Girls on hills - North face of Ben Nevis - guided trail run
- Thursday 3rd August - Lochaber Trail Association / Specialized Soil Searching dig day. Trail maintenance, ride, test bikes, and social supported by Specialized Soil Searching and supported by Lochaber Trail Association – more details on Lochaber Trail Association
- Friday 4th August – Scottish Cycling Race the Worlds Final at Nevis Range. Cheer on the best young riders in Scotland!
- Friday 4th August - Our 'Tales from the Trails' evening at the Highland Cinema, Fort William. We have collated a very special evening of inspiring speakers and films of global and local leaders who will tell stories of how trails are having a positive impact in communities. Book tickets and find out more
- Friday 4th August - An evening at Off Beat Bikes. Try new ebikes from CUBE Bikes as part of guided rides from the shop. Plus to loosen off head and neck massages are available, as well as giveaways. Keep an eye on Off Beat Bikes for more info.
At this stage - accommodation will be scarce, with most accommodation being booked as soon as dates went live. You can still secure some camping pitches and, who knows you may get lucky with hotel accommodation!
Camping: We highly recommend staying in a recognised campsite which has facilities including toilets, showers, and waste disposal onsite. Their are campsites to suit all tastes in Lochaber, whether you want to be based near the trails, town or coastline. Check out The Outdoor Capital of the UK | Home of Your Adventure to book your stay.
You may also, under Scottish Outdoor Access Code, choose to 'wild' camp - especially if you want a bikepacking adventure. Please be aware that you only have this right if you are a responsible camper - click away for more details on what that means in practice from our friends at Nature Scot.
Self-catering: There are self-catering options too. So if you are looking for a quiet secluded getaway for two or a large property for a gathering of friends - check out our friends at The Outdoor Capital of the UK | Home of Your Adventure for some fantastic options.
Tales from the Trails - Tickets now on sale!
Scottish Mountain Bike Gathering 2023
You may also like
Scottish Mountain Bike Conference 2022 - Tickets now on sale!
Welcoming the World Champs! Innerleithen.
Rider2 Leader Weekend - Glenmore Lodge, Aviemore.